Prayer to the Holy Spirit

Come, Holy Spirit, replace the tension within us with a holy relaxation, replace the tubulence within us with a sacred calm. Replace the anxiety within us with a quiet confidence. Replace the fear within us with a strong faith. Replace the bitterness within us with the sweetness of grace. Straighten our crookedness. Fill our emptiness. Duff the edge of our pride, sharpen the edge of our humility.
Light the fires of our love.. Quench the flames of our lust, let us see ourselves as you see us. That we may see you as you have promised.
O Holy Spirit, soul of my soul, I adore you. Enlighten, guide, strengthen and console me. Tell me what I ought to do and command me to do it. I promise to be submissive in everything that you permit to happen to me, only show me what is your will.

1 comment:

Thomas Cagurangan said...

This prayer to the Holy Spirit was taken from a newpaper published unanimously by a certain TAC